Thursday, October 9, 2008

favorite fall activity


There are many fun activities to do in fall. One of my favorite activities is raking leaves. Usually, in the middle of October, the leaves start to fall off of the trees in my backyard. When I see this happening, I immediately go outside, get a rake out of my shed, and start raking. I try to get all of the leaves in my front yard, backyard, and the ditch and put them into one big pile. This makes jumping into them a lot more enjoyable. Every year, I try to make my leaf pile bigger than the one I made the previous year. Last year, I made a leaf pile taller than me so it might be a little tricky to make an even bigger pile this year.
Raking leaves benefits me in many ways. One, I am outside being active, two I am having fun, and three, I am getting paid. My dad pays me between five and fifteen dollars to rake all of the leaves in my yard. If I have a friend helping me, my dad will probably pay each of us five dollars. Having fun is probably my favorite part of raking leaves. I love to be outside, especially in the fall because it is not too hot and not too cold. The number one reason that raking leaves is fun is because once I am done, I get to jump into a humungous pile! It is so much fun. I normally jump in so hard that all of the leaves fly up and land on top of me! To make this activity even more fun, I invite my sisters outside to jump into the pile with me. With all three of us jumping in, the leaves all fly up really high and it feels like it is raining leaves. To get a good memory of this event, my mom always attempts to get us jumping in mid-air. It doesn't work out all of the time but it is always fun to retake the shots. Raking leaves is a very enjoyable activity and it gives my family a lot of fun memories.


5 comments:

*M_O_R_G_Y* said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO omg this is ahmazingly GREAT!!!!!!! u r such a good writer and i lov ur ideas this is really cute!!

Mrs. Domenico said...

Bethany - I love raking leaves with my family too. My aunt likes to have us over for a "raking party" to help her rake her 1 acre yard! It's always so much fun :)

kendal said...

You must have a lot of trees in your backyard to make a pile taller than you!! But I bet you can't make one bigger than me!!:P

Slawinski2008 said...

Bethany- goodluck getting your pile bigger this year! Remember to separate ideas into paragraphs +9 Good job!

Amy said...

yeah bethany.... that book is like amazingly inspriational! It makes me wanna cry tears of joy every time i read it!!! lol ☺ and dont worry... ill tell u what happens next!

MImi