Tuesday, October 28, 2008



It was a dark and stormy night in Perry, Ohio. The wind was howling and leaves were falling wildly to the ground. The night was still and quiet. Not a creature was stirring in the night.
Bethany and Spela were sitting quietly in Bethany’s basement, watching a scary Halloween movie. Everything was quiet when they started to hear scratches against the basement door.
Bethany, do you here that?” questioned Spela with a hint of fear in her voice.
“Hear what?” retorted Bethany.
“That scratching noise, it sounds like it’s coming from the door upstairs!” stated Spela.
“Oh, I hear it now. I wonder what it could be. Let’s go check it out!” suggested Bethany. As the two girls walked up the steps, the scratching sound became louder and more frightening. When Bethany and Spela opened the basement door to see what was making the noise, nothing was there.
“I swear I heard a noise up here!” exclaimed Spela, confused.
“I believe you, I heard it too. I'm starting to get a little freaked out though so let’s stay up here." Bethany suggested with a panicked tone.

Bethany and Spela went to sit on the living room couch, too scared to go anywhere else. The two girls were just about to turn on the TV when the mysterious scratching noise started up again. This time, coming from the same door only on the other side. Petrified, Bethany and Spela just stared at each other, eyes wide with fear.

“Okay Bethany, which one of your sisters is pranking us? It’s not funny anymore, their really freaking me out.” said Spela.

“Um, sorry to break it to you but, we’re the only ones home. It can’t be my sisters.” confessed Bethany, now even more frightened at the thought that they were the only ones home.

“Oh, well I have no idea what it could be. I’m getting really terrified so I’m going to check it out again.” Spela had fear written all over her words of bravery.

This time, Spela was the only one to go check it out. Bethany was too panicked to go along with her. Bethany heard Spela open the door, getting more anxious every second. Bethany thought that she would just hear the scratching noise stop like last time, but instead, she heard a violent scream and then a bang. Petrified, Bethany ran to the basement door to see what had happened. But the scratching noise had stopped, and Spela was nowhere to be found.



2 comments:

kendal said...

this is really good!

Amy said...

nice ending...i like it!